Sunday, June 22, 2008

Top Shelf, a Technique Challenge Sunday Tutorial

The term "Top Shelf" gained an entirely different meaning for me this week. Usually the stamping products I don't use often make their way to the top shelf of my craft storage unit. Here are some of the products that lie in wait on my Top Shelf, Christmas Crafts, Glass Paints, Brass Stencils and Perfect Pearls. Yep, that is right my Perfect Pearls are on the top shelf and hardly get used I find them somewhat messy. Monday was a new life for this product in my crafty world with the appearance of a Challenge over on SCS here it is...
TLC173, "With a Shimmer and a Glimmer"

I have seen Glitter Mist around but have never purchased it for my craft space good thing because not I don't have to. Here is how I made my homemade "Glitter Mist"...

Glitter Mist...
Spray Bottle
Water (or hairspray)
Perfect Pearls
Re-inker

1) Place 1/4t of Perfect Pearls into your spray bottle
2) Fill Spray Bottle with water or Hairspray
3) Drop 15 to 20 drops of re-inker into the bottle
4) Mix
5) Spray

Give this a try, I have to make a new color today I have used up all of the first batch I have made. LOL! Go on give it a try you will love it.

Here is the post where I used my mist this week "Double the Fun", I sprayed my Glitter Mist onto a sheet of PTI White Card Stock and it became the back ground for the flowers. It is hard to photograph this glimmer and shimmer but IRL it looks great.

If you decide to take this challenge please leave a comment in this post with a link to your creation I would love to see it. Once again I will draw from the entries for a RAK to send out to one lucky entrant.
What is on your "top shelf" and are you going to challenge yourself with it today?
Happy Stamp Day!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Sara, great idea. I don't have any perfect pearls but have pearlex. would that work? You are awesome!!
Cheryl