Sunday, June 8, 2008

Acrylic Block Party...

A girl has to throw some type of party for her birthday does she not? Well I have come up with a different way to use the Acrylic Blocks I have been collecting. Usually they are for mounting my precious PTI stamps but the other day I wanted a background and a simple card so I picked up my block and had an aha moment. I took two PTI ink pads Blush Blossom and Berry Sorbet and swiped them across the block then stamped the block onto my PTI stampers select white card stock, loved the look. I have to admit I could not get a straight image so I had to go and borrow the stamp -a- majig from a friend. Thank you Barb! After I had the tool the cards started to almost make themselves.

Card below is my first attempt this is the card I had in my head that I wanted to make. I have been making up some card candy lately with this cupcake image from PTI's It's a Celebration stamp set...


Below is my second card this used the next size larger block with Lemon Tart and Lavender Moon ink from PTI the image is from the Beautiful Blooms stamp set...


Below is a photo of how I inked up my acrylic block before stamping. I like the look of swiping the ink pad across the block compared to pouncing on the ink...


So here is where the party part comes in. I have not had much success with my Sunday Scrapbook layout posts so I am going to change up Sunday's to a technique post (sound like fun)? So to join this Acrylic Block Party please make a card using this technique and upload it to your blog or an online gallery be sure to link back to me in the comments so I can find your creation. I will then draw a random comment to win a RAK from me Winner will be drawn on Wednesday June 11. If you choose to upload to SCS please use keyword TSS01.

Product list...
PTI card stock (white, Blush Blossom, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Kraft)
PTI ink (Blush Blossom, Berry Sorbet, Lemon Tart, Lavender Moon, Black Noir)
PTI Ribbon (Lemon Tart, Berry Sorbet)
PTI Stamp Sets "it's a celebration and "Beautiful Blooms"
SU close to cocoa ink (cupcake paper on first card)
Stamp A Majig
Acrylic Block
Acrylic Sticker (flower of second card)
Stickles (cupcake of first card)
Circle punches

My official Birthday is on Monday June 9th :)
Happy Stamp Day!

9 comments:

One Creative Life said...

What a great idea. I love the variation in the colors. Thanks for sharing.~Erica

laos348 said...

What a fantastic idea!! Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

what a fun idea!!! i love the yellow and lavender together..

happy birthday tomorrow!

Scrapping Julie said...

looks like fun. i will try to play along later today. have a GREAT birthday

Wanda said...

Great cards Sara and I hope you have a WONDERFUL Birthday!

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great and creative idea! Your cards turned out fabulously colorful!

Paula said...

Sara, I have uploaded my Block Party card to my blog
(http://inkingaddict.blogspot.com) and also to Split Coast. I hope it meets your inspection. It was fun to try something different.

Happy Birthday.....

Molly B said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
I am going to have to try this. Very interesting. -Molly B

Molly B said...

Yea I did it! And I love it! Thanks for such a great idea!
http://www.mollyslazydogblog.blogspot.com
-Molly B