Monday, April 30, 2007
I ran the blue through my Xyron before I used the Asterisks Die Cut from Cuttle Bug. Then I took off the Dies and placed them on the blue paper. (My "blue paper" is a retired SU color.) Then I cut the floral Dec paper (from Mike's sale rack also now discontinued) and mounted both these pieces on white card stock. Next I attached Offray ribbon on the back and tied on a bow. This piece of card stock was next mounted on the Celery card. The sentiment was stamped and sponged in Celery then mounted on celery and blue card stock all of the sentiment pieces were punched with the ticket corner punch. I had some trouble with the sticker back card stock cutting all the way through, any ideas? If you do this embossing tech. make sure you use a strong adhesive and get all of the edges for the best effect. Thank you for looking today!
Friday, April 27, 2007
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
Monday, April 23, 2007
Sunday, April 22, 2007
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Thursday, April 19, 2007
I have had lots of fun the past couple of days making these! Next week I am goning to start some holiday examples. They are so cute and really do not take a long time to make and the end result is GRAND!
- For the top example I used the Girlfriends and Girlfriend Accessory stamps from SU. They were stamped in basic black and colored in with markers. Edges were sponged in Temp. Turq. and the sayings were stamped in the same color. The Dec. paper was from Hobby Lobby and the SU card stock colors are pink passion and Temp. Turq. I blinged up the prima flowers with sticky rhinestones, not sure the maker. Ribbon is from Offray, I usually stock up at Mikes and this week it is on sale 5 for $1.00, Yahoo! I find the colors are a good match to SU colors.
- For the bottom photo I used the Happy Harmony set from SU. Flowers were stamped in Celery and blue (a retired color) I am sure you can find a new color that will work great with the dec. papers. For the Dec papers they came from SU's Sarah line, (hey look at that they named a paper set for me)! I used my new Giga Scallop punch for the squares then mounted them on card stock. For an extra touch on this one I used a small strip of sticky tape to adhere micro beads.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
- 4 by 6 magnetic photo holder
- notebook (post-it notes)
- Golf pencils
- Red line sticky tape
- Stamps, ink, cardstock, paper cutter, punch and dec. paper
Steps to make
- Cut 4 by 6 piece of cardstock
- Cut 3 3/4" by 5 3/4" piece of cardstock
- Mount the two pieces of card stock (I then stamped a saying above where I was going to place the notebook)
- Stamp image (for my image I did reverse masking with Happy Harmony SU set, colors used were Mellow Moss and Cranberry Crisp)
- Mount your image on colored cardstock, after your 4 by 6 background is finished slip it inside the holder
- Decorate your notebook (on my notebook I sponged edges in Cranberry Crisp, punched a square out of Dec paper then mounted it on cardstock and then the notebook)
- Cut Dec paper to 1" by 3 1/8" (size of golf pencil used), cover back of paper with redline tape 1" wide, peel off tape liner and attach paper to pencil, make sure you burnish it down with bone folder or scrapper
- Attach pencil to binding of notebook with ribbon
- Attach notebook to the outside of magnetic frame with redline tape
Monday, April 16, 2007
- Business size envelope
- Fold in the ends to meet up at the center point
- Unfold envelope
- Fold sides back in
- Fold top Down
Now I am not sure on the cost of mailing these because of the odd size, so for today I mounted my Challenge cards on a regular size card front. (See the post below.)
This is the card and Envie I made at the Swap.
Thanks again Barb for the wonderful Shoebox Swap card and Envelope.
Friday, April 13, 2007
Click the Leonardo da Vinci link above to find out more about one of the Masters.
The photo on the right shows how I found this project unfinished, all pieces were cut I needed to stamp some more pieces and just complete the card, not real hard, wonder what stopped me the first time from completing the project.
I was watching the History Channel a few months back and they were running stories on Da Vinci and his unfinished work. Hum, I thought I could be the next Leonardo with all of the unfinished projects I have. Well, guess not. So then I decided to start finishing some of my piles and wala, today I have six completed cards. I may even send them in to a swap I have not made up my mind on that yet. And what a grand masterpiece they turned out to be.