Monday, May 5, 2008
Pocket Book Tutorial
Here is an open view of the Pocket Book with one of the cards and bookmark tags showing. For these items I used the Everyday Blessings stamp set from PTI.
I had one full size sheet of Porcelain Prints DP left so I decided to make this pocket book, so fun and really easy to do...
1 12" by 12" piece of DP
1 8 1/2" by 11" Piece of Card Stock
*Bind it All
*Bind it All Wire 1/2" ring size
Tombo Multi Adhesive
SU pretties kit
*If you do not have a Bind it All you can punch holes and tie off the book with ribbon.
Step by Step Tutorial...
1. Cut your 12" by 12" DP in half
2. Score your half sheets of DP at 6" (Short Side)
3. Score your half sheets of DP at 2" (Long Side)
4. Fold on score lines
5. Glue around the outer edges of the DP on both sides, make sure to leave the top open, (this will make your pocket).
6.Cut your card stock to these measurements 4 1/8" by 8 1/4" (you will need two pieces of card stock this size.
7. Score card stock at 6 1/8"
8. Glue around the open sides to create a pocket, make sure to leave the top open, (this will make a pocket).
9. Punch your pocket book with the Bind it All, (you can use a hole punch).
10. Bind your pocket book with the Bind it All 1/2" wire, (you can use ribbon).
11. When you are done with these steps you will have made 8 pockets.
12. Decorate as you wish using stamps, paper scraps, ribbon, rub-on's, brads etc...
What a wonderful project for a Mother's Day Gift!
My Pocket Book holds 10 3 by 3 cards with envelopes and 4 bookmark tags. I kept the project simple by picking what I was going to use before I got started then I just stuck to the items I had out.
Happy Stamp Day!