Wednesday, May 28, 2008

PaperTrey Ink May Blog Hop



*May Blog Hop Challenge from Nichole Heady...
"I have recently fallen in love with adding score lines as accents to my projects. What I love about this
method of embellishing is that it is quick, easy & matches everything! Your challenge this month is
utilize score lines in a creative way as a decorative accent to any type pf project. I look forward to
seeing all of your results!!!"

Indeed this is a quick and easy way to embellish a project especially when used in combination with CuttleBug Embossing folders. This happens to be my favorite way to use the score lines at this time. On this card the cupcake from "it's A Celebration" was punched out using a 1" circle punch and is mounted inside the card. Next I took a 1 1/4" circle punch to make a window on the front of the card. This is a very quick and easy card style to make...


Below is a Sneak Peak of the GSS "Guest Star Stamper for PaperTrey Ink. project I have completed for this month's challenge of Best Baby Gift. The score lines were used here again to accent the DP strip...


Wanna win some Blog "Hop" Candy?


Leave a comment telling us your favorite "PaperTrey Ink Perfect Match color combo" to use. A random winner will be picked using the number generator on Friday AM., Good Luck!
Contents of Blog Candy as shown...
PTI Clear hinge top tin
PTI Berry Sorbet Perfect Match Ink Cube
PTI Berry Sorbet Ribbons (three assorted 12" lengths)
PTI Perfect Match Card Stock
PTI Pink Prints DP
Card and or scrapbook candy using the PTI "It's a Celebration" stamp set
Along with the Blog Hop Birthday Card shown in this post

Project list for birthday card...
PTI "It's a Celebration" stamp set
PTI Berry Sorbet Ink and card stock
PTI Sweet Blush Ink and card stock
PTI Berry Sorbet Swiss Dot Ribbon
PTI Pink Prints DP
Cuttlebug embossing folders Swiss Dot and Divine Swirls
Fiscars Paper Trimmer with Score Blade
1 1/4" circle punch
1" circle punch
SU word window punch
dimensionals

For Best Baby Gift...
PTI Lemon Tart card stock
PTI Bitty Baby Blessings DP
PTI Spring Moss GG ribbon
Cuttlebug embossing folders Swiss Dot and Divine Swirls
Fiscars Paper Trimmer with Score Blade

Happy Stamp Day!

27 comments:

Latisha said...

Great card Sara! I know I am early but I have a lot to do later and didn't want to forget about your blog. I really like berry sorbet and kraft together with a little bit of white.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Adorable!

ohradiogirl said...

This is quite nice. I like the Cuttlebug.

Jak Heath said...

Great card, colours a wonderful.

IamDerby said...

Love your card. I need to pull out some of my embossing folders. And so nice of you to do blog candy. Right now my favorite color combo is lemon tart and summer sunrise.

Kimberly Crawford said...

beautiful card!! love all the texture!!! tfs!! :)

Regan said...

I really like all the different textures you have going on...


as far as my fav combo- eck- all of them!!

Etha said...

just beautiful!! how neat to combine the cuttlebug embossing with the score lines, super idea!

Deanna said...

Great details on your card! I love berry sorbet, spring moss & sweet blush!

Unknown said...

Love your cards!!! I think my favorite Perfect Match color combo right now is Lemon Tart paired with Berry Sorbet and Sweet Blush - so summery!

Chris said...

love your card, the 2 cuttlebug folders rocks!!! can't wait to see your baby set! loved doing my baby gift...my fave combo is the spring moss and the pinks. i can't get away from this!!!

Kelly Braund said...

I love the blush & berry together -that's my fav so far! :) Love the card & the mix of embossing, very cool!

Aimee said...

oh... too cute your card is great. I love to use sweet blush, berry sorbet and spring moss

Donelda said...

Nice projects and you've really thought about your color combos!! Thanks for sharing your creativity.

amber said...

Fantastic Sara! I loved the card and sneak peak!

My favorite color combo at the moment has to be kraft and berry sorbet. Nothing like earthy and bright!

Theresa Tyree said...

I LOVE your triple embossed card, Sara!
How sweet of you to do a RAK. My favorite colors are orange and purple, so naturally my fav PTI color combo is the Summer Sunrise paired with the Lavender Moon. I can't get enough of it!

Lisa T. said...

How cute! I love the color combination you've chosen. I think I love all the PTI colors...

Debbie Olson said...

Love the dual textures separated by scored lines!

Lisa H. said...

Your cards are FAB! your making me really like that set. and Blog Candy too, how sweet of you. I love the Lavender moon with the Lemon tart, pair it with the matching ds paper and it's just beautiful!

michelle in mi said...

I love the PTI yellows combo. Fresh and cheerful!

Cheryl said...

Sara, this card is beautiful. You are so creative. The only PTI colors I have are the first ones that were released, but I think I like the combo of the yellows. The lavender this month was pretty too, so not sure I can answer my favorite combo. I love what you put together. I am getting so anxious to get back to stamping. Hopefully in another week or two. Right now I can't stand bent over to stamp and I can't do it sitting. So.... it is a waiting game.
You did a great job.
Cheryl

Lynn Mercurio said...

What a great card. Love the combination of the Cuttlebug folders and your score lines. Great colors too!

Annapurna said...

Very nice! Cute things for the GSS.

Sarah said...

I hadn't ever thought to use 2 embossing folders together. Thanks for the inspiration! My current favorite color combo is aqua mist with spring moss- I've been doing a lot of watery/outdoorsy (is that a word??!) projects lately.

StampinCathy said...

Love your cards. They are to adorable. Love how the lines separates the embossing. I have to try this. The combo I really like is the one you used on the baby card. Thanks

gretchenhs said...

I really love the way you split the embossing. Very creative and it looks fab!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love it!
Hugs and smiles