Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Mug Warmer Coaster...Christmas Gifts 2009


Tutorial for Mug Warmer Coasters

This is what I am working on for Christmas gifts this year along with the mug tutorial I showed you on Monday (scroll down for Mug Shots post). I am working with what I have on hand for my trial runs and not doing my best job (so if it bothers you as much as it does me that things don't match or are wonky this is why) every designer has their working models;) Tell you one thing it sure smells YUMMY in my kitchen hot coffee and pumpkin pie, does not get much better then that combo this time of year.

Product list...
fabric 2 squares cut at 5 1/2 inches each
applique fabric 6 inch square
Cricut Expression
Cricut George Cartridge
Fusible Webbing 6 inch square
Iron
Sewing Machine
Uncooked Rice
Pumpkin Pie Spice

How to...Apply your fusible webbing to your six inch square piece of applique fabric (per directions on webbing)

Apply this bonded fabric to your Cricut Cutting mat.

For my project I used the flower from GBS cut at 3 3/4 inches.

Apply your cut flower to the right side of one of the 5 1/2 inch fabric squares (per fusible web directions).

Place your 5 1/2 inch fabric squares face together and stitch around making sure to leave an inch open in the middle of one side.

Turn the fabric squares right side out.

Fill your bag with uncooked white rice (about 1/2 cup), and 1t of pumpkin pie spice.

Stitch your 1 inch opening closed.

Warming Directions for Coaster...
Heat in microwave for two minutes on high.

Happy Stamp Day!

5 comments:

Amy said...

What a great idea! I love the idea of hand decorated mugs and hand made mug warmers for Christmas!

Cheryl said...

Awesome idea. Must smell delicious. I get so excited to read all of your ideas.
Cheryl

Chris said...

very cute, AWESOME gifts!! >"<

Wanda said...

WOW, Great coasters Sara. These would make such excellent gifts and stocking stuffers!!! TFS

custom mugs said...

What a great idea! I love the idea of hand decorated mugs.