Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bella Challenge Card...Whole Wheat Flour

First for today I have my Bella challenge card for WCMD, you were supposed to give it an 80's theme so I went with bright colors and dots. I colored bella with Sakura glitter gel pens (I love these...I can actually color good with them).


Product list...
Emmy Bella Image
SU card stock Green galore
PTI card stock, ink and buttons HB
PTI stamp set Polka Dot basics, everyday basics
Ribbon unknown, some buttons unknown


And now a bit about what is going on around our home. DH was diagnosed with very high triglycerides and we have totally had to rethink the way we eat and cook. One of the first things I have changed was to get rid of all the white flours in the house. I replaced the cooking flour with King Arthur Whole Wheat seen below DH's work HyVee carries this at a reasonable price. I use it now in all of our cooking and baking, I have learned to use a cup less then you would for white flour recipes (it really soaks up the moisture). Here is a whole wheat pizza crust I now make for our family...

King Arthur Flour Web page here


Whole Wheat Pizza Crust recipe

1 pkg rapid rise yeast
1C warm water
1 T brown sugar
dissolve sugar in the warm water, sprinkle yeast over the top and let sit 'til it gets foamy (about 5 minutes)

3 1/2 C whole wheat flour (king Arthur Hy-vee)
1T EVOO
1t kosher salt
Combine these ingredients, pour yeast mixture into the center fold and blend slowly.Knead on flour surface, work onto a evoo (you can also sprinkle with corn bread flour) prepared pizza pan. Let sit 20 min, poke with a fork and begin to top the pizza.

Your flour will last in the fridge for 24 hours.

I am happy to report that DH has lost 15lbs, me not as great I have lost 4. Have to admit I am a sugar addict this is the hardest part for me to keep out of a good diet.

Happy Stamp Day!

5 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love the King Arthur products. Congrats on the change to whole wheat flour and how well both your and your hubby are doing. The pizza crust recipe sounds good. I will try it at Mindy's. Great card.
Cheryl

Banu said...

Very nice card Sara. Love all the buttons and circles effect. I also like the King Arthur Whole wheat flour. It is pretty good and has lots of husk in it.

Chris said...

i need to try this, sounds fabulous!

csr said...

What a beautiful, creative website. We appreciate your use of our white whole wheat flour and your willingness to share tips to use it as well as your recipe. Happy Baking! Irene @ KAF

Jen said...

Very cute card!
I'll have give that pizza crust a try.