Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"Savor the Memories" Photo Memories a Kitchen reveal...

I am approaching my blogoversary this week and I am going to count down my kitchen reveal the same time so as of today there are 3 days remaining ' til the big events...

Not only have we been working on our kitchen walls but at the same time I have been sorting out photos and memories mostly food related items. This has been a great journey for me I have learned much and I have taken the time to jot down my thoughts as I went. Not many people I am sure would associate photos with their kitchen however, your are reading my blog so intern looking into my world where photos and memories are savored, going forward I have labeled our kitchen "Savor the Memories".

I have started a small scrapbook that goes along with this project in it I have set aside five main topics relating to food and this was how I grouped my photos...

1) Birthdays
2) Summer Grilling
3) Holidays
4) Family
5) Friends


On the cover of my scrapbook you see sweet little ole me eating breakfast. (I have turned all the photos I printed off into bw so they won't compete with the memories that are recorded.) I have kept things simple because this was a rather large and time consuming task so the colors are basic black, white and Purely Pomegranate. Yep, not only do I have photos in my kitchen but you are seeing the color for the first time and it is Purely Pomegranate by SU. (Color Matched at Wal-Mart.)



Below you will see the buffet where it now meets up with the north wall where an entrance used to be into the bathroom. Two years ago we remodeled our bathroom and removed the entrance and I have been eating and looking at drywall ever since. Not anymore thanks to my DH, the girls and our drywalling friend, now we have a beautiful kitchen wall with paint!


Hope I have inspired you today to think differently about your photographs and to get your memories written down. Tomorrow I will have more to reveal....


Happy Stamp Day!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Awww...how cute! by the way...you've been tagged! See my blog for rules! Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sara! You've been tagged. The rules are on my blog if you'd like to play. Have a great stampin' day!

Anonymous said...

Sara, this is wonderful! I love the colors of the SB and the fact that you used Black and white. Can't wait to see more. Thanks for the inspiration!