Thursday, March 24, 2011

(Imagine it) Vintage Notions!


I love to shop the MCC thrift shop anytime we are in Freeman.  One day I walked out of there with two massive goodie bags of Vintage Lace and Rick Rack.  I wanted to figure out a way to combine these on a card "LIKE" PTI's new Button Boutique Stamp set.  To avoid any  controversy  "input sigh here" I am not going to share my files.   However, I will show you how you can do this like you owned the stamp set and a Cricut Imagine.  Yep, that is right I have neither I made do with what I had and came up with the following...


What you will need to create your Imagine it Vintage Notions card...
Cricut Expression
Cricut Design Studio
Cricut Plantin SchoolBook Cartridge
Wide Format Printer 
SihouettenPeople font
BernhardFashion BT font
PTI Vintage Cream, Spring Rain and Blueberry Sky Cardstock
Piece of 12 by 12 scrapbook paper
Removable double sided tape
Vintage Rick Rack
Embroidery Floss
PTI Vintage Buttons and Satin Ribbon
Oval Punch Stampin' Up!
1" circle punch from Paper Shapers
Tim Holtz distress ink
Sponge
Cosmo Cricket Material Girl
Dimensional Foam Dots

Create the images you wish to print in a Word Processor Program.
Print Created image out on 12 by 12 scrapbook paper.
Create the .cut file you need in Cricut Design Studio to match your Created Image then cut it.
Use double stick tape to adhere the Cricut cut centered over the image you printed onto scrapbook paper.
Insert your layered scrapbook paper back into the printer.
Print your image.
This time your image will print onto your cricut cut.
Embellish as shown above.

How about the little tag showcasing the Rick Rack?  OMGoodness, I love it.  Was able to cut the vintage label up so I could make three creations with it.


About the FONT
I love this font.  Find myself using it constantly;)

Happy Stamp Day.  May God bless our country and the world.


4 comments:

Chris said...

OMG this is flipping adorable!! and in my opinion...[insert sigh here] i think better than you know what/who!! love what you did here and i love the colors!! how come i can never find goodies like this at my thrift shops...lol

Unknown said...

LOL! Chris, you crack me up;)

Amy said...

This is stunning!!! Love everything about it.

Jen said...

super, super card! Love it!
Awesome find!