Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cameo Sketch Appearance

How long has it been since I participated in a Sketch Challenge over on SCS.  A VERY LONG TIME.  Because this one was simple and I am all over that today I took the plunge. 
 Here is the sketch layout and you can take the
to find out more.






Here is one easy card.  And so beautiful I don't think I will be able to let it live anywhere else.
The cameo is from the Philippines.  Yes, the Philippines.  I ordered from Etsy.  Did not take her long to get me some and they are BEA-utiful!  Once again I find myself more ready to hoard them then to use them especially the black and white one.  LOVE IT!  The Cameo Bezel came from her as well.  I wanted to make it into a pin back however it totally destroyed the look and I did not like it.   Could always mail a pin back with the card and let them know they can remove it and adhere the back.  
Wait, didn't I say this was not going to leave the house?
This could easily be framed and turned into an art piece.  IRL the cameo and DP are really that divine.  



I did find a great page about resin casting.  You can check this link out.
I have to warn you I tried making my own and gave up.  You have to get the mix perfect, no air bubbles etc.  Frankly it drove me crazy and I decided not to waste more money or time on it.  I even had DH try he works with hardener mixing all the time with automotive paint. 
 Even Mr. Big Shot Himself could not do it right.  Ha Ha Ha;)
Not to mention this stuff stinks have to ventilate your workspace very well. 

 Make sure if you give it a go KEEP IT AWAY FROM CHILDREN and PETS.
If you try and  have good luck please share your secret.

And if you are like me don't have good luck here is a link to Cameo's on Etsy.


Product list...
Cameo
Bezel
Websters Pages Once upon a springtime
PTI vintage cream and ripe avocado
Memento tuxedo black ink
SU stamp set
Glue Dots

Happy Stamp Day.  May God bless our Country and the World.

2 comments:

Chris said...

wow this is beautiful!~ you did a fabulous job on this!!

Jen said...

Wow, wow, wow...that card is gorgeous!