Sunday, September 16, 2007

Rejoice....





Wow, I have worked all week trying to get this card just so, it is my first commissioned card for a great lady at Church who is going to her Granddaughter's Wedding in Florida at the end of this week. She told me the colors were pink and silver and she wanted something really special, so this is what I came up with.
To make this card you need to see the Chris Cross Tutorial over at SCS.
My main criss cross card was made from Silver paper from Creative Memories and I ran just one panel through the cuttlebug embossing folder divine swirls. Next I cut my triangles from Regal Rose Card stock and stamped them with the doodle from Doodle this stamp set in Versamark ink. Then I made a belt from some leftover silver paper some ribbon and cord, on the back I covered the belt with the double wedding bell sticker. When the versamark had dried I went back over it with stickles to make the card more special and jazzy and I also added a floral sticker to the bottom corner. For the pocket part of the card I layered up the card stock added a round tab punch a dove sticker and then stamped the card using the same stamp inked up with Regal Rose I masked off the right side so I had room to stamp the sentiment ..This is the day the Lord has made...I thought this would be great for a special wedding card. When the ink dried I put more stickles on the card. I am going to leave the back til she can see it this am and then we can figure out what type of personal greeting she wants on the back and then I will print it out and attach it to the back. This card is so grand IRL I am really happy with it.

2 comments:

jodene said...

Simply lovely.

Wanda said...

Very pretty card!
Good luck with the patio. It looks like a lot of work but SO worth it when it's done!!