Monday, August 31, 2009

Life...live, laugh, love



My sister is an awesome garage sale shopper she found these SU canvas frames at one a few years back. They have been stored in my tote waiting for the picture perfect fit and I found it on Saturday.

For the base I painted Denim Blue one coat and let dry to the touch next I stamped PTI's Polka Dot Basics with fresh snow ink. I let the dots dry for about 5 minutes (the fresh snow is a pigment ink and takes a long time to dry on paint) took a clean cloth and started to dab at the dots this changed them to a light denim color when the paint mixed with the ink. I let my background dry for a couple of hours to make sure it was totally dry because I wanted the fresh snow with SU baroque motifs to appear SNOW WHITE. When my canvas was dry I used the Cricut to cut my words from adhesive vinyl and applied to the frame. Printed out a BW pic of the girls mounted it and mission completion. Everyone loves it, good thing she found two of them DD and her friend have claimed it.

DD's BFF lost her Grandmother on Friday the funeral is this afternoon, I plan on making a frame for her with a pic of her Grandmother. Any ideas for words to place on it?

Product list...
SU canvas frame (retired)
Acrylic Paint Denim Blue Folk Art
PTI Polka Dot Basics and Fresh Snow ink
SU Baroque Motifs stamp set
BW photo
Cricut Expression
Cricut DS
Cricut .cut file life
Cricut Cursive 101 Cartridge

Happy Stamp Day!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Sara, what can I say? This is totally beautiful. So professional looking! I love that you took us through your process too. Thanks for sharing!

Banu said...

WOW! This is beautiful. Loved it.

Jen said...

Beautiful frame for one awesome photo!