Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Beautiful Falls Park

Challenge this week is to use embossing and stamping on your page, find more about Stamp And Scrap Saturdays {Here}.



Remember my scanned page is stitched using my scrapbook program you will see this line running down the page.


For my embossing I used the CB folder Traffic Jam because it reminded me of the quartzite that makes up the falls. You can see the word Beautiful stamped directly onto my photo (I used Staz On white opaque ink).

As part of First Friday in Downtown Sioux Falls, SD the Pavilion had the science center open for free. I took our girls along with friends to the event, everyone had a wonderful time. When we were done we had a picnic at Falls Park, in the Picture you see little J feeding the ducks that were playing above the falls. One of the girls was able to get a duck to eat bread out of her hand, I was busy making sure none of them were hurt not an easy task as they were going in all different locations. At one point our oldest and her friend were smack dab out into the falls on slippery rocks (keep in mind they were thinking that nothing was wrong while I was about to have heart failure).

See more of the falls here you can also view a video on Sioux Falls Music is by Cory and the Fireflies.

Since my camera is still down I went back into my pic stash and brought out some falls pics from a youth trip in 2007.



Product list...
CB embossing folder Traffic Jam
PTI stamp set Beautiful Blooms, card stock and button enchanted evening
Staz On opaque white ink
MM chloe's closet DP
Piece of scallop chip board
SU brocade blue and white card stock

Happy Stamp Day!

6 comments:

Regina said...

What a pretty page! I love all the embossing and the clean lines. thanks for playing along at SSS!

Amy said...

Great page! I also love the new look of your blog--I forgot to tell you yesterday.

Banu said...

Sara, Beautiful page. I really liked the way you have used the emobossed panels to frame the photo and what a great idea to stamp on the photo.

Also wanted to tell you that I loved the new look of your blog. Amazing three column layout.

Chris said...

this is beautiful!! love the way you did your embossing!! >"<

kathleenh said...

I love how the embossing echoes the texture of the rocks! Great page!

Unknown said...

Sara,
I just love your slide show of the falls pics. I also live in SF and it's funny to see "similar" pictures. Great to see another persons point of view. Great job.