Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Challenged Friends



Scrap and Stamp Saturday Friend Challenge you can find more about it {here}

52 Weeks 52 sketches sketch challenge 31.






When I first saw the challenge on scrap and stamp Saturday I had a plan right away to use one of my fave photos of my good friend and I at her HS graduation party way back in 1988. (Yep, we are old fogies.) Well she says I am just because my birthday comes in June and hers in July. Next year we both hit the big 40, ACK!

We share many great memories and some we would rather forget for a friendship that has lasted since the second grade. She moved to Ohio a few years back and just recently came home to say goodbye to her Daddy, he passed away this past spring. Now we have one more thing in common the death of a parent, that falls in the class of some not so good memories.

One year back in middle school possibly even HS we did not talk to each other, some major fight that can't be recalled after so many years. Makes you wonder what could have been so bad that we did not speak for over a year...I will have to ask her if she remembers. My favorite bible passage about friends falls in Proverbs 17:17 When things go wrong as often do in any type of friendship God tells us to..."...love at all times".

Product list...
MM Chloe's Closet DP and pin
Basic Grey Chipboard
acrylic paint
PTI ribbon, jute and buttons
cricut expression
cricut .cut file scallop circles
cricut DS
Cricut George Cartridge

Happy Stamp Day!

9 comments:

Amy said...

A beautiful page for some beautiful memories!

Banu said...

Very pretty page :)

Cheryl KVD said...

Great page! Love the circle!

Wanda said...

I just LOVE your page Sara. I'm SO jealous. I still have not crossed that line into scrapbooking!!! You do such fabulous work.

Regina said...

A gorgeous page for a beautiful friendship. We don't have many like that in a lifetime! thanks for playing along at SSS!

Michele Kovack said...

What a great LO! Forever friends are the BEST! Thanks for playing along this week!

Chris said...

i love that you combined these challenges!! your lo turned out fabulous!! i love the bible quote!

Boni Boutelle-Jones said...

Sara I just love coming and checking out your pages each week! This is so nice and I love your journaling and take on the sketch! Thanks for playing!

Jen said...

Such a pretty page!...and great memories too!