Handmade Lip Gloss
Completed Jar with box...
Lip Gloss inside of the box ready for giving...
We are famous here in SD for the weather changing rapidly, last week we hit an early cold spell and it is hanging on. We have resisted turning on the heater, yet my skin in already quickly drying out and my lips are cracking. I purchased the pots and stamps to make the lip gloss a while back from Clear Dollar Stamps
Here is where you can find the link for the complete directions on how to make the box. My box has one simple change I used a 1 1/2" circle punch for the window to keep the theme for the lip gloss pot. My friend Rochelle made the same box to hold smoochies you can see them here
LIP Gloss Directions...
1) Use a stainless steel sauce pan
2) Melt your Vaseline (1T Per pot you wish to fill)
3) Put into the melted Vaseline 1/4t. of Kool Aid (Per pot you wish to fill)
4) Mix til it is really dissolved and smooth
5) Fill your lip gloss pot
6) Decorate your pot
7) Construct your box
8) Place pot inside and tie off with ribbon
What I learned...
1) Microwave does not work for this project
a. Did not get the Vaseline hot enough to dissolve the Kool Aid properly
2) Fully Dissolve the Kool Aid in the Vaseline
3) This is a great project for kids they do need supervision the Vaseline is very hot, it does cool fast if you want to use the idea for a birthday party craft.
Give it a try this was a ton of fun for all of us! It is our plan to make up beauty kits for Christmas gifts using the lip gloss that is show in this post along with the glitter gel and some handmade soaps.
Happy Stamp Day!