Friday, August 8, 2008

Too Cute To Spook Tutorial




Here is my take on Lisa's Halloween Project of Spooky Slime

With our kids I decided to make Body Glitter to put in the tin. After all our kids are too cute to spook so they will shine instead. This was a total hit with the kids as we were making it on Friday. Our little one kept calling it goopy, I should have labeled it Spooky Goopy, LOL!! This is non toxic, in fact the Aloe makes your skin very soft and who doesn't need to get their shine on now and again. It does not have to be just for kids either, Mom's can use it, it is much less expensive then Department store Holiday Glamour products. My original plan is to give this recipe a trial run the body glitter is on my list for Christmas Gifts along with some other personal care items I will be sharing with you in the future.

Product list...
Round clear top tin
PTI Spooky Sweets Stamp Set
PTI Borders and Corners Circle
Alphabet stamps
Scallop Circle Punch Giga
PTI Plum Pudding ink and card stock
PTI Palette Noir ink
SU wasabi card stock
Aloe Vera Gel (it was hard to find it clear WalMart has it by the lotion)
Glitter (VERY FINE)
Green Apple Soap Scent
Green soap coloring

Body Glitter Tutorial...
1) Aloe Vera Clear Gel (use appropriate amount for your container)
2) Ultra Fine Glitter 3/4 t
3) Apple Soap Scent 20 Drops (found in soap making isle of craft stores)
4) Green Soap Coloring 2 drops (found in soap making isle of craft stores)
5) Mix all of the above
6) Store in container

Happy Stamp Day!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Now this is really cute. I like it better than the slime. Thanks Sara. You always come up with a winner!!
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea! I'll have to give it a try. The kids like to play beauty shop...guess who the customer is...ME! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Wow Sara. I haven't been around for ever, but still no internet for us. I am visting family and wanted to stop by to say hi. I love the new look of your blog. So happy to see all your wonderful creations youve done. Great work!!!

Chris said...

this stuff is way cool!! i wish my kids were little to do things like this...now they just stare at me with that look!! lol, oh how i love teenagers...love what you did with the tin!!