Sunday, September 21, 2008

Made of Snow...


Here is my swap card for PTI round 9 swap hosted by Chris. (Link to the SCS tread if you wish to sign up can be found in the blog bar to the right.) It makes use of the brand new set from PTI called "Made of Snow", this set is so much fun to play with I can feel it quickly becoming one of my faves. The way the snowman is pieced and has wire arms is a CASE from Nichole's card that really sold me on this set. (No coloring involved)! There is going to be a suprise inside this swap card, I have used SU's slit punch to hold in some hot cocoa mix, YUMMY!!

To make the background I inked up the side of my Cuttlebug folder that has the Cuttlebug wording on it with PTI's Aqua Mist ink pad then ran the PTI shimmer paper through my sizzix using the inked up folder. That gave the snowflakes a tad of blue color but did not overwhelm the background.

Product list...
PTI made of snow stamp set
PTI Polka Dot Basics
PTI Aqua Mist card stock and ink
PTI Stampers Select white card stock
PTI shimmer card stock
Palette Noir ink pad
24 gauge silver wire
scallop oval punch
circle punch
hole punches
snowflake brad
acetate
dimensionals
stickles
orange colored pencil
silver metalic cream
cuttlebug embossing folder snowflakes
snow ribbon from Hobby Lobby

Happy Stamp Day!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jaw dropping gorgeous! I love it! I might need to take a card spot in hopes of getting one of yours.

Cheryl said...

Gosh, Sara, I think this is my favorite of any card you have made!! But then I could say the same thing every time I read your blog. You are awesome.
Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Sara, this is absolutely gorgeous!! I love the colors and the ribbon just tops off the perfection. Nice job!

Chris said...

it's fabulous!!! i hope my stuff comes on monday!! i love this card!! >"<

Wanda said...

Your card is SO cute Sara. You KNOW how much I LOVE snowmen!!!