Tuesday, October 2, 2007

All Spiked up for Halloween...

Well my oldest DD does not want to take treats to school for her BD or Halloween this year she laughed when I asked her. She had a really funny response something like your little girl is growing up can't you see that, I will only pass out some gum and some Clifford stickers, lol! She said this as a joke response to me but I am on the lookout for Clifford stickers as a joke for her to hand out since that is her nickname, should be funny.
Our other DD requested the ones she wanted to hand out in class and I made some to pass out at the house. About 60 gel packs later this is what I had...

To make these you will need clear hair gel, and some plastic confetti. I found the confetti down the party isle of our Lewis store it is made by American Greetings. And the plastic baggies were purchased at Hobby Lobby they are the smallest size that they carry. So what you do is put in a quarter size amount of gel put in the floaters, (or leave plain) push the air bubbles to the top and then seal up the bag. I had all my paper cut and punched before I started putting on the gel packets this went really fast. So after you have your card stock mounted use double stick tape to put your baggie on the back, then center your image so it shows correctly through the punched holes then place your back on. I put some on card fronts and the others that we are going to hand out were just left as you see them in the top picture. I used stamped images from WRAK mostly Amuse but the SU booglie eyes and Batty for you work really well here also.
So make a few and spike up your Halloween.