Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Can you see them?


Worked on some more beaded pens over the weekend. My oldest DD loves camouflage these days so I made these for her and her friends to use at school.
Here are some helpful tidbits I have learned from beading all of these pens...
1) Bright colors show better through the beads
2) If you use card stock and not DP's you need to increase the size of the sticky tape you cut.
3) You can use the Xyron to put adhesive on the back of the paper you use to save on sticky tape.
4) SU now sells clear Micro Beads!! (However they do not tell you how much the package is holding?!

I am selling beaded pens and Lip balm now, so if you can not get the supplies in your area give me a shout. (They are shown on the right hand side of my page.)

Do not forget to leave a comment on Fluffles blog candy below, I will draw on Sunday Afternoon.
Have a great day!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

The pens are so pretty Sara. Thanks for the tips. I have made a couple of the pens and love them. Yours are great.
Cheryl

Ijsbeer said...

Those pens are great!! My sister loves all thing camoflauge too (she has a degree in war studies) so I think I need to try and see if I can find out a way too make something similiar for her. Thanks for the idea!

Wanda said...

I can see them! They're fabulous!