Tuesday, January 25, 2011

PTI Blog Hop Old is New...


From Nichole...
"With the new year comes a clean slate along with many resolutions.
This month's blog hop challenge Involves you challenging yourself
to use a Papertrey stamp set that has yet to see ink or even one that
might be collecting a little dust!

Go through your stash and see what little used treasure it might hold.
If you are in need of inspiration for your chosen set,
feel free to utilize the gallery posted in the side bar of
each set's sale page on our website,
or go to the Previous Countdown page on Nichole's blog where
each set is organized by month of release.
2011 is the year where what's old is new again!"

Seriously, I can't remember the last PTI Hop I posted to?? What a crazy life 2010 turned out to be. However, I am back and more CREATIVE then EVER so watch out;) Needless to say I had MANY dusty yet clean sets. I pull out last year's Anniversary set that has not even seen ink yet. Thought I better get on this before the next one arrives in a few months. Here is my project...



I just love these little gems of wood scrap I picked up. They look so very cute altered. I made a necklace that matches the recipient can remove that and they then have an altered piece of art.

I have shown in previous posts how to make these you can find more about them here...
You Make my Heart Sing
Inspired Crafters Challenge Blog Christmas
Shabby Knobs Tutorial

Product List...
PTI Anniversary 2009 Stamp Set
Felt, ribbon, Rick Rack Die
SU Melon Mambo Ink
BasicGrey DP
Glass Round
Diamond Glaze
Bail
Chain
Recollections Flower
Wire
Round Nose Jewelry Pliers
Wood Scrap

Happy Stamp Day. God Bless.

29 comments:

Susan said...

I love this Sara!! Such great colors together. So happy to see you on the PTI Blog hop! :)

{Chrissie} said...

I love the colors you chose! Thanks for sharing!

lam said...

Love the happy colours

Banu said...

ooh!! This turned out just gorgeous. I am so tempted to try this one out. Very nice colors as well. Great to see you on the hop :)

Amy said...

So very pretty!

Chris said...

this is very pretty!!

Diane Jaquay said...

Pretty project and great colors!

Jen Carter said...

How pretty and fun!!

Anonymous said...

such a very pretty card! love the colors and layers!!!!

ChristineCreations said...

I love that it's a wood scrap...and I love that it's a necklace! So sweet!

Laura :) said...

This is so pretty! I love how the stamps go so well with the pattern paper.

Pat said...

Welcome back to the blog hop! Such fun, happy colors on your card and necklace.

Tracey McNeely said...

very pretty, great colours.

beckynoelle said...

just lovely!

Kelly S. said...

That butterfly image is perfect with these papers...so sunny and cheery!

Christina said...

What an adorable little project! I love the paper you chose and the repetition of the butterflies. Someone will be so thrilled to receive this!

Wanda said...

WOW Sara, this is fantastic!

Stephanie said...

These are both such cute, cute items. Love the necklace and the altered piece of wood. Love the colors you used and that you used Round and Round (I used it, too! lol)

sgc said...

Sara--this is lovely! The colors are beautiful!!!!!

Angela said...

Very lovely...love the PINK! This sounds like a fun challenge...I do have some stamps that have not seen ink...so very sad! Love the new picture of you on your blog header!

Jen said...

Wonderful! I love what you are doing with your wood findings...crazy lady who would want a bag of wood? LOL!

Purrfect Paper Creations said...

Very pretty project--such happy colors and such great accents!

Chris L.

Unknown said...

Beautiful - so bright and cheery!

Amy Kolling said...

LOVE the bright cheery colors! Great project!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Lovely project! What a nice necklace this gift will make too.

Linda Suarez said...

Gorgeous!!!!!

Krista said...

love the colors of this project. also love the flower on the butterfly. first time i've seen that and i really like it.

Taheerah said...

Wonderful cheery card, love the colours!

Ohhh Snap said...

Great project and I love the gift within a gift aspect! Thanks for sharing :D