Sunday, June 27, 2010
Cricut, Copic Airbrush, Cut T-Shirt?
What, am I up to now?
I was in a real creative mood today and have been wanting to work on a Copic Airbrush T. I took it a bit further and Cut it when Little J exclaimed, "It is too big"! This makes for a very creative long post, if you have questions you can email me at email@example.com or leave a question in the comment section.
So here is what I did...
1) Launder the t
2) Place cardboard inside of T so ink won't bleed to the back
3) Cut your vinyl on the cricut (I used the Dog from Everyday Paper dolls at 6") You can also Substitute Freezer paper
4) Center your negative cut onto the t
5) Airbrush the Image with Copics and the Copic airbrush (Yes, Copic Markers can be used on Fabric)
6) Pull off the negative image
7) Line up the Positive Vinyl image on the T
8) Draw in your cut lines with a fabric Sharpie
9) Remove the Positive Cut
10) Embellish the image (here I used a large gem and two small for a collar)
Okay, little J loved her new shirt but it was large so I took a trip back to the 80's and cut it up. Here is how I did it, there are many ways and many different ideas on how this is done but for my Little one I kept it simple and did not show skin.
1) Lay the T out flat
2) Cut off the bottom hem, stretch the bottom
3) Cut 2" wide strip off of the bottom set aside for later
4) Cut up both sides to 1" below the arm pit area and stretch your cuts
5) Start on one side cut 4 slashes on front and back make sure to them line up as close as possible. (I fold over then cut on the fold. Also this is a child's T so I cut four slashes on an adult T I would do more.)
6) Stretch your bottom band and cut in half
7) Take one half and start threading your slashes like a shoe working from the arm pit area to the bottom of the T
8) Tie your ends together in a knot to secure
9) Repeat on other side
Here is a you Tube Video showing you some of the cutting, slashing and more advanced options...
Cricut Expression, Vinyl, Everyday Paper Dolls Cartridge
Copic Markers, Copic Airbrush
Black Fabric Sharpie
Gems and Gem Tac
Happy Stamp Day, God Bless!