Sunday, July 6, 2008

Sponge Bob Technique Challenge Sunday

Okay, so we watch so much TV at our house the first thing I thought of with this post was Sponge Bob Square Pants that is where my title came from, LOL!


The flowers and leaves on this card were sponged with PTI Plum Pudding and Spring Moss. I also masked around the focal rectangle and sponged a small border around it, just a light touch for a soft detail.
This card created for SCS SC183

I use lots of sponges when making cards or scrapbook layouts at first it was to create a soft effect around the edges of my card now I use it more for coloring in images and masking backgrounds. I don't like to save them or wash them out I cut them into triangles (one SU sponge will give me 6 good size triangles) when my fingers start to get messy with use I toss them out and start with a fresh one.

So this week I challenge you to use sponging somewhere on your creation, link back to me in the comments for this post by Saturday July 12th and I will draw a random winner for a RAK from Sara's Creative Adventures.

Product list...
PTI Plum Pudding card stock and ink
PTI flower garden stamp set
PTI guidelines dp
PTI Vintage Cream card stock
PTI Spring Moss ink
sponge
dimensionals
acrylic stickers

Happy Stamp Day!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Love the sponging, Sara. This color is so pretty. I haven't bought any PTI in a long time. Maybe it is time, huh? Hope you had a fun weekend and got rested up after the flood.
Cheryl

Mary I said...

I really like the paper piecing you did with the flower. (It's something I have on my list of things to try.) Your card overall has great dimension with the layers and colors. Very pretty.