Wednesday, July 30, 2008

countdown day 8 Rubbed the wrong way...



First before I chat about my card I have to tell you about My Tuesday, my very devastating yet wonderful Tuesday.

Started out great but, then some dark cloud of crap started to hover over me. The neighbor boy came over and asked to go swimming in the process of excitement he stepped on my glasses. My $500 glasses that are no longer under warranty, that I absolutely adore that are now damaged goods.

Next, I was outside so long I got behind on getting supper started so when I came in I reached for the pressure cooker. Got the chicken in it and started it cooking in the meantime Little J was in the kitchen by me looking at the frogs her sister caught for her and I was sorting my craft magazines on the kitchen table. All of a sudden the pressure cooker launches off the stove, hits the ceiling and lands a foot away from Little J. (No safety valves released, the lid seal let go and the steam coming out the lid launched the pot and caused hot water mixed now with chicken fat to spray all over little J, and the kitchen. I rushed her to the bathtub and just put her in and started running cool water to get the mess off of her. She was red in spots but she never was burned. How is that for a blessing from God right under my nose. She could have been seriously injured by the flying pot first off and by the hot liquid next and neither happened. The only damage was to the craft magazines I was sorting out on the table.

Yep, the frogs were set free in the incident to roam our house, we finally got them all rounded up before it was time for bed. My glasses are damaged but Little J was not injured so that is my devastating yet wonderful Tuesday. And the lesson learned is that God lets little things happen daily to show his greatness we just have to be open to seeing them. (That is what I learned anyhow from Tuesday.)

So I may have been rubbed the wrong way on Tuesday but I sure love the look of the cards I created. This is what I have resorted to since my supply of adhesive is getting thinner by the day. (Less layers and rub-on's.)

Product list...
SU SAB rub-on's
SU Kraft Card Stock
SU Burgundy card stock
For adhesive I used my Glue Dots

Happy Stamp Day!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, Sara, that just sends chills down my spine! You and your DD were truly blessed yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful cards. And your comment about seeing what God is telling you is so true. SO glad everyone is okay!

Wanda said...

WOW Sara, it was VERY fortunate that no one was hurt. A few wild running frogs (ewww) and a mess to clean up is well worth the safety of the children!!! And after all that you did some fabulous stamping!!!

Chris said...

wow!! that is a lot of crap to happen in one day!! so glad that little j wasn't hurt, that could have been awful!! i would try to get the glasses fixed, you never know...look you just received the anniversary set...>"<

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! Sara...so glad to hear little J is okay! My heart stopped for a second while reading your story. Whew!

Latisha said...

what a yuck day >"< glad your little one is ok, sorry about your glasses, maybe you will find better ones that you will love more >"<