Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Love and Light of Christ





I just love this Recollections Paper from SU and am sad that it is now gone but it was for a great cause. The day before we left for the Youth trip I donated craft items to the church for the kids to sell to benefit them for the trip. In the end over $150.00 was raised and all of it given to the kids. This paid for Twins tickets, $5.00 at the game for a treat, and bottled water for the trip. I was in shock to see things just flying off the card rack and table, lots of beaded pens, magnets, cards etc. The gift basket in the center of the table was included in a silent auction and I called it the Love and Light gift basket because of the Sentiment stamp, "May the Love and Light of Christ Fill Your Heart and Home." such a great saying for this project. The gift basket included, 6 cards with envies, magnet, beaded pen and lip balm, photo frame, photo book, comp notebook, candle, smaller notebook and some note holders made with tiles.

2 comments:

kathy said...

What a great idea.

Bonnie said...

Sara, my sister Barb told me about all the beautiful things you donated for the fund raiser. She said she had trouble narrowing it down to what she could buy. I know Barb feels blessed to have you for a friend. It was fun stamping with you that day you came over to Barb's.
Bonnie