Saturday, April 2, 2011

Easter Sunday Best Dressed

This is our Easter Card for this year.  
My Mom is on the left her Sister on the right.
Grandma made their Easter dresses and the story goes
that it rained that day and the girls decided to 
play in the full gutters.
Did not make Grandma happy!  
It sure is funny today tho;)


Here is the picture from Photo Shop.
The background is a blown up version of the picture 
in Sepia tone.  I love the effect this gave the print.
The color on the dresses really makes all the little
ruffles stand out and the ribbons in the hair.

My DH thought the pic was of myself and my Sister Cathy.  LOL!!
Amazing as it is at that age my Mom, Myself, Liz and Jessica
could have passed for quadruplets.

And then I made a scrapbook page using 
Love Birds Digi Kit from the FAB
Shabby Miss Jenn.
I made the background into a puzzle, we all
enjoyed piecing puzzles and playing games
at family events.

Now I need to get busy with some fabric since I am inspired.  I was asked to take in
a prom dress for one of Donna's friends.  Should be an easy task just needed
the motivation.

This was on Christian Paper Crafts for fun Friday...
"He has filled them with skill to perform every work of an engraver and of adesigner and of an embroiderer, in blue and in purple and in scarlet material, and in fine linen, and of a weaver, as performers of every work and makers of designs. Exodus 35:35


Happy Stamp Day!  God Bless our Country and the World.

4 comments:

Amy said...

What an adorable card! They look so cute in their Easter finery!

Angela said...

Cute; old photos are so much fun! I can see your mother in Little J!

Jen said...

Sara...awesome job with the Photo Shop! That picture is awesome!

Chris said...

what a great idea!! love the old photo and what you did with it!!