In the words of David Letterman, "Cut me a slice of that". In this post I have used the wooden blocks that my "So Sweet" stamp set was mounted on last week. I then downloaded the adjustable Pizza Box Cut file (link found below) and adjusted it to where my four blocks would fit. The top of the pizza box inside reads..."thinking of you today" with a layered smaller flower from floral frenzy. Sorry the photo of the open box is messed up I tried a few times to get it to work and they were all a blur.
I knew because of my back and hips with one side hurting more then the other I tend to walk and sit crooked, I did not know it lead me to see crooked also. LOL!! I swear I can't scan a straight image. Anyhow these blocks were done for Jen, she had asked earlier if anyone had unmounted SU stamps. Now it turns out she has done some and also has a project in the works. I told her she was still getting these because they had her name on them, also because I broke out the Modge Podge for them (I really hate that stuff). Some assembly required.
How to alter the wood blocks...
1. Un-mount your stamps as I previously have shown
2. Remove any remaining adhesive left of the block
3. Sand lightly if they are stained or have initials on the wood
4. Apply two coats of acrylic paint
5. Cut your DP the size of a block (all blocks are not the same size)measure them all, stamp our decorate your DP
6. Adhere with Modge Podge
7. Apply two coats of Modge Podge over the entire block
8. drill small hole on top of block
9. Bend 16 gauge wire in a loop to make your photo holder
10. Bead the wire
11. Apply small amount of adhesive to the final bead and wooden block to support the wire.
12. Place your elements in your loop (here I show a butterfly, I imagined her placing some wonderful cropped photos that she has).
13. You could connect them in a line with E6000 adhesive, I did not
For the Pizza Box...
I am totally Jazzed about this one, I actually found a cut file for the Cricut. If you wish to have it go to this blog Scrapped Lives look for the Pizza Box post and leave a comment with your email and she will send you the link.
Now there is a tutorial on SCS for this as well, I did not look it up because I now have this awesome cut file. If I get time I will seek out the link and post for you.
All I had to do was turn on the Cricut, cut the box, score on the score pal and assemble. No measuring, no hand cutting this was truly a dream, LOVE IT!
Wood Blocks SU
PTI Chocolate ReMix DP / card stock
PTI Floral Frenzy stamp set
PTI Butterfly Kisses stamp set
PTI Dark Chocolate Ink
Marvy scallop circle punch
Nestabilities scallop rectangle
Cuttlebug die cut flower large
Cricut Design Studio
Cricut Cut File Adjustable Pizza Box
Double sided tape
Happy Stamp Day!