Monday, November 29, 2010

Lovely Christmas

Most of you know the past few months have been crazy for our family that I have not felt like nor had time to create. It all changed with one phone call from my Aunt, she wanted me to make their Christmas cards this year. Here is one sample I came up with that they loved, I kept it simple(okay it is pretty advanced I should say I kept it one layer so they could avoid extra postage charges).






Step one: Use the center point function on the Cricut to cut your mask. The cartridge I used here was Winter Woodland, Tag at 3 3/4"


Step two: Take Tombow Multi and place around the inside edge of your mask, let this dry and it becomes repositionable. I was able to get 20 cards from one mask. (Use copy paper for the mask if you are going to stamp in a background thick cardstock does not work well for this type of masking).


Step three: Take your Copic airbrush system and spray the center of your mask.

Step four: Place your background image here I used a SU Christmas background Holiday Print (retired) and Pear Pizazz Ink. Here is a tiny hint I use when stamping with the large su background stamps flip the stamp over so the rubber faces up, dab the ink onto the image, place your cardstock over the inked image, place copy paper over the cardstock then brayer over your stack.

Step five: Stamp your main image in a darker color I used Old Olive from SU

Step Six: Do your embossing layers (Detail Gold from SU with Versamark ink)

Happy Stamp Day, God Bless!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, Sara, this is gorgeous! I have never used the Tobow multi in this way but I'm going to try it now! And way to combine Cricut and stamping. Love the colors and embossing.

Jen said...

Oh my Sara! this is stunning! Love it!

Chris said...

this is very pretty!! love the shadowing!