Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Simple Elegance...




I have been challenged on cards for a few days now, I am not sure if it was all the distraction with the family home or if I just hit a creative road block. After frustration set in with my own designs I picked up a few Magazines and went to relax with a cold one (got ya, a cold Mt. Dew).
In CardMaker from July 2006 page 90 I found this wonderful card, it may have been wonderful because I had everything to make it on hand, that never happens with cards I find in magazines. So I marked the page and kept relaxing and getting inspired. Yesterday I picked up the magazine again and made my cards they were quick, simple and elegant everything I am about while making cards. So once again I am inspired and on a creative roll and it feels so good!

For this card I used the stamp set Mini Messages from Stampin' Up and the sentiment stamp on the bottom is from the Paper Trey Little Lady set. The SU colors used were Regal Rose, Mellow Moss, So Saffron and Chocolate Chip, the other paper in unknown. I placed on a punched flower accented with a brad and pop dot on the brown square and some GG ribbon placed low to the bottom of the card.

So there is it my Simple Elegance card, you can follow the link to my store found on the top right hand side of this blog if you wish to purchase this card.

Happy Stamp Day!
Sara

2 comments:

Pat said...

I love the simplicity of this card. Thanks for sharing!

Pat

Wanda said...

Such a wonderful card. Isn't it great when you have all the ingredients to make something???? Including the energy!! TFS