Saturday, November 17, 2007

Merry, Bright and Clean?



Merry and bright embeded soap


This time of year I really like to craft with the girls, we have fun times getting items ready for the holidays. Today I am going to show you an easy no fail, fast, clean project to do with your kids.
Can't go wrong with soap crafting if the kids spill it you just clean it up, LOL!

Stamp, color and layer your image as you normally do, no special inks or papers are needed. Now take your project and wrap it in packing tape making sure to press firmly. Cut out your image leaving 1/8" tape seal all the way around your layered piece.

Here comes the new part and you will need some clear and white glycerin, "melt and pour" soap, and a soap mold. Cut off a few squares of clear and melt in your microwave per direction, usually less than 30 seconds. Pour the melted soap 1/2 way up your mold and let this harden, lay your image in face down and pour in your white soap to fill the mold. Let this layer harden and then remove your soap from the mold, your project is complete.

Fast, fun, easy, cute and clean.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful idea! I'd love it if my girls brought those home from their school mates! Something useful & cute!

Wanda said...

This is such a GREAT idea for students. No candy or gum that the parents don't like the kids to have. Gosh, in our day that was the best thing!! Cupcakes, candy, gum, chocolate milk and ice cream for the holiday party. Which back then we called "Christmas Party." I just LOVE this idea. I'm going to have to give it a try. I have coupons!!! LOL
TFS Sara!

Anonymous said...

Hi Thanks SO MUCH for sharing this. I have tried stamping on(in)soap and never had any luck! This is awesome! My 13 year old is always looking for something fun to give her friends for the Holidays--This is it!! We may have to do some for the other 3 kids classes too...I smell soap in our future! You are the best!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

awesome project!!! love the tutorial, too. i already have the stuff to get me going, because I did some soap stuff in the past.
tfs,
chat