Monday, April 30, 2007

cuttle bug swap card Faux Embossing

This is a Cuttle Bug Swap card I have been working on, I think it turned out great, it is always so hard waiting to see what you get in return. Anyhow, this is how the card was made.
I ran the blue through my Xyron before I used the Asterisks Die Cut from Cuttle Bug. Then I took off the Dies and placed them on the blue paper. (My "blue paper" is a retired SU color.) Then I cut the floral Dec paper (from Mike's sale rack also now discontinued) and mounted both these pieces on white card stock. Next I attached Offray ribbon on the back and tied on a bow. This piece of card stock was next mounted on the Celery card. The sentiment was stamped and sponged in Celery then mounted on celery and blue card stock all of the sentiment pieces were punched with the ticket corner punch. I had some trouble with the sticker back card stock cutting all the way through, any ideas? If you do this embossing tech. make sure you use a strong adhesive and get all of the edges for the best effect. Thank you for looking today!

No comments: