Monday, April 23, 2007

Shoe box swap cards for Tuesday


I am getting ready for our Shoe Box swap on Tuesday. This is the card I came up with, I have been playing with the embossing templates all weekend, such fun! One simple tip i have is to save your scraps! My girls and I spent Sunday sorting scraps, I will post a photo later. Now it is fun hunting up a small piece for mounting and I realized that I did have almost every SU color even some retired ones, YES!
For our swap we make three cards per person, you bring everything you need to complete the card you designed. Well thanks to organizing my scraps I had enough to make 15 of this style for the swap, WOW! Here is how I did them: Embossed card stock with Cuttle Bug Happy Birthday folder, stamped image of candles from Tags and more in black Staz-on then I colored them with markers. Sponged the edges and mounted on Pink Passion paper. The happy Birthday saying is from an unknown SU set, (I am lazy don't want to hunt through my catalogs) this was stamped in Tempting Turquoise and edges sponged then mounted on Tempting Turquoise card stock. Simple card yet I love it.

No comments: