Wednesday, January 9, 2008
Re-Purposed Valentine Memo Cube Tutorial....
Okay, so if you are wondering what this is and what the heck I am doing with it this post is for you. This is actually a Styrofoam Silk Floral brick that was purchased at our local floral shop. (I was able to get a much better price there than I could at the craft stores and when I cut it a two-fer, can't beat that. I am sure if you look you can find floral cubes, but this is what I have used.) In the end this entire project has cost less than a dollar to make, I find that amzaing don't you?
This is what I came up with, is it not the coolest thing you have seen in awhile? An Altered Memo cube made from Styrofoam, want to know how it is done, read on my friends.....
Styrofoam Cube (or a brick to cut in half)
Small Notebook (or post it notes)
Small clothes pin
Red liner tape
Computer and Printer (or rubber stamps and craft ink)
Memo Cube Tutorial
1) Cut Styrofoam brick in half, or start with a Styrofoam Cube 4" or larger
2) Cut your DP and cork to match the size of all sides, top and bottom of cube. (The cork paper is very fragile and calls for a light touch when cutting)
3) Use Mod Podge to adhere your DP to the cube working on only on one side and it's opposite at a time
4) Place a heavier book on top of the brick to help the paper adhere to the foam and let dry
5) Paint your clothes pin in a matching color and let dry
6) Make your photo holders by twisting wire around the end of a pen three times
7) Bead the wires as you wish and set to the side
8) Computer generate your sayings, you will find the following on my cube....
Remember We Love You!
Keep this in mind
9) Cut and layer your sayings and lay to the side
10) Place on your ribbon trim using red liner tape
11) Place on your stickers for my cube I used "Stickabilities" heart stickers from Hobby Lobby
12) Dip your beaded wire photo holders into some Mod Podge and poke them into the top of your cube.
13) Place on your notebook or sticky notes with red line tape
14) Place on your clothes pin with red line tape
15) Place on your sentiments with red line tape
The following photos are views of the cube top and sides....
I am so excited about this object, I hope you are as well and I will be back in the AM to post some Hide and Seek blog candy, (I want to wait for the sun to come up so I can get some good photos of the goodies.)
Posted by Unknown at 8:30 AM
Labels: RE-Purposed Valentines
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
You are so right....This is the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. Looks like a lot of fun making it too. I can't wait to take a stab at this. Yours looks terrific. Thanks so much for the idea.
Wow I have been staring at the green block for awhile wondering how you could come up with this AWESOME cube. You have a very creative mind and I just love how your cube came out. I might have to try this out.
This is so awesome. I had lots of things in my mind when you showed the "brick" but nothing this wonderful. You did great. Not sure it is something that I could tackle tho. Thanks for sharing.
What an amazing idea. You have a very creative mind! TFS!
That is so stinkin cute and creative. I am off to buy some floral foam now. Great project, TFS!
What a fabulous idea!! TFS
Post a Comment