Sunday, January 6, 2008
Valentine Heart Topiary Tutorial...Re-purposed Valentines...
Here is the photo of all three Topiary Trees sitting on top of our entertainment stand yes, one for each of our girls. The one for today is our oldest DD's her first comment when she saw it was, "you made this, cool who is it for". You can find directions on how to make the remaining paper tree on SCS they have posted a wonderful tutorial there on how to make this type of tree. This Valentine Heart Topiary falls into my Re-purposed category because I used Christmas Ribbon and Shreds to make this project they were purchased at Hobby Lobby's after Christmas sale.
Styrofoam ball (1)
Styrofoam Heart Form
5/16" by 12" wooden dowel
foam paint brush
Pins with a ball on top
1) Paint your clay pot inside and out with acrylic paint and let dry.
2) Paint your wooden dowel with acrylic paint and let dry.
3) Split open the heart form at the bottom and glue in your wooden dowel making sure the top of the dowel remains in line with the heart shape.
4) Wrap your ribbon around the heart form starting at the bottom by the dowel and work your way around the shape.
5) Place a small amount of adhesive where your wrapping stops to hold the ribbon in place.
6) Layer your flowers and place them on the form using one pin through the center of the flower.
7) Cut the Styrofoam ball in half, then shave off the edges so it will fit inside your painted clay pot.
8) Place your Styrofoam into your pot so the rounded side is facing the bottom of the pot.
9) Insert your wooden dowel into the center of the Styrofoam that is now inside your clay pot.
10) Tie on your ribbons at the bottom of your heart form.
11) Place paper shreds around the base of the topiary to cover the Styrofoam.
Blog Candy update
You have 'til Wednesday Jan 9th to leave the requested comment in this linked post... Valentine Blog Candy Hide and Seek comments are saved and will not be posted 'til Wednesday, this will cut back on the peeking. Come on I know how to play this game and my guess is at some time in your life you have taken a peek while others went off to hide, LOL! I will then pick a winner using the random number generator. (You can enter as many times as you wish-good luck.)
Posted by Unknown at 8:30 AM
Labels: RE-Purposed Valentines
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Those topiaries are gorgeous!
WOW, those sure are adorable!!! A lot of work and time went into them. You did a fabulous job! TFS
These look fanatstic!
what ribbon did you use beneath the tops? that red curly stuff...what's that?
Post a Comment