Wednesday, January 28, 2009

SCA03 Flourished




I am so disappointed in my scanner I did not want to post another pathetic looking image so I have made you another sketch instead. In honor of PTI's new sympathy set (can't wait to get my hands on this one) just a few more days to go for Jen's challenge. Silent Night also has a beautiful flourish along with SU's Baroque Motifs.

Do you have a favorite flourish? Please leave me a comment in this post if you know of more I would love to check them out.

The flourish I used in creating my card is called Panhead, the bracket strokes make these beautiful flourishes, I was so happy to find this font ;) and the best part is it was free (If you wish to use for commercial use you will have to get permission from the font creator

Happy Stamp Day!

5 comments:

Amy said...

Great sketch, Sara! Technique Tuesday has a couple of great flourish sets, Whirly Gigs and I forget the name of the other one. I am getting ready to upload some cards to my blog using the new with sympathy set from PTI, maybe I will try your sketch later!

Anonymous said...

Love the sketch...I'll have to see what flourishes I have. I think I have a Unity set that I like...sad that I don't know off the top of my head...maybe I don't need anymore stamps...LOL.

Chris said...

very pretty sketch!! glad to see you get your new camera!!

Banu said...

I love flourishes. Great Sketch. Although I have not used one in a while. Gel-a-tins has some very good flourishes. The one I have is called Build your own flourishes - http://www.gelatinstamps.com/products/products_buildyourownflourishes.html. There is another nice one called - Spiral symphony - http://www.gelatinstamps.com/products/products_spiral-sym.html.
TAC also had some nice Flourishes.

Banu said...

Sara, Tried your sketch and just loved it. Here is my card,

http://stampingwithpassion.blogspot.com/2009/01/flourishes-card-for-saras-sketch-sca03.html