Sunday, December 9, 2007

12 ornaments for Christmas Day 5

You are going to love the ornament for today but first I have to show you our trip to see Santa, our little DD was not having a good time and I had to snap the photo quick but here she is with Santa....



Merry Season Clear Top Tin

I just love this stamp set from Stampin' Up I have gotten lots of mileage from it over the years, this snowman has to be my fave seasonal stamp to use. For this ornament I first stamped the image with black staz-on and then I scanned it into the computer and shrunk the image to fit inside my tin. Just a note worthy tid bit here any time you alter a copy written image it can not be used with the angel policy- that means you can not sell the item you made with the image you altered. So if you plan on making this type of ornament to sell pick a stamped image that will fit inside the tin you are using.

So after I shrunk the snowman I colored him in using a blender pen and my ink pads along with colored pencils. There is some stickles on his hat for some extra bling and I also stamped the clear tin with opaque white staz-on and a snowflake from Paper Trey Holiday Treats. Once he was colored and the stickles has dried I put in some plastic snow and sealed up the tin. I then used red line tape to adhere the ribbon to the outside rim of the tin, where I made the hanger loop I tied on a small bow.

The tins I am using have come from Specialty Bottle, if you want to make these now check the bridal sections of Mike's and Wal-mart and they are also in stock at Paper Trey where Nichole has free shipping on orders over $40.00.

I will be back this PM to reveal the blog candy winner of Hide and Seek.
So what is next, I am not going to say but you will have fun stacking it up...
Happy stamp day!

No comments: