Friday, March 14, 2008

"Savor The Memories" Day 1

Part three of my scrapbook is labeled Holidays. Here I wrote down my fave memories of Thanksgiving and how there was lots of people, food and love. The fact that all dishes were done by hand before any other activity took place and the we would watch the adults play poker or everyone would play Trivia, Pictionary, Scattergorries etc. Not many times do I remember my Dad laughing, but I can hear him clearly in my mind when I think of our family games or fishing trips (Fishy Farts, right Dad)! I also put down how the smell of food cooking would wake me up. My Dad had to work on some Holidays and I can remember it was hard for us smaller kids to wait for his arrival, He would often be bringing Grandma Smith with him so it was double the fun when he arrived.

The page below is of those Holiday Memories...


The page below is of Family memories in the kitchen it is the fourth grouping of my photos for this scrapbook. The biggest memory I have is of coming home from school and my Mom would be sitting at the kitchen table waiting everyday. She would be there reading, supper would be cooking and usually (If my brothers were not around because they are sweet pigs) there would be cookies or brownie treats for us. When I was in high school I came home and it looked like the kitchen had blown up, Mom and Dad were trying to make Lefsa there was flour everywhere. In 1992 Mom got her wish granted for a new kitchen my Dad, aunt, uncle and myself redid it for her. We painted, hung wallpaper etc, (she was so thrilled now I can feel her pain after putting up with my kitchen for five years and her excitement of something new that I have now). I can still here my Dad complain about the forty dollar wall, the wall behind my Mom in the photo where the shelf is full of nick nacks. Mom loved going to the craft shows at the mall with me and she had a good time picking the nick nacks out. The forty dollar wall now rests in my Dad's new home, every time I visit have to chuckle when I see it. The other photo on this page if of my Mom and my two nieces playing Pictionary there was always something going on in our kitchen. The girls were getting a kick out of me taking a photo when my Mom was not wanting one look at them smile, so cute!


Taking a break here for a minute you can see my new wall with tiny hand prints on it. I don't have the heart to wipe them away, our little DD loves to pull the chair over and look at the photos and this is the result to the new kitchen wall. You have to look close in the photo but they are there....



Below is a photo of a family Thanksgiving...

Here you see a family Christmas...

Chuckie Cheese with my Nephew and our oldest DD in the front of the photo then it is I and DH...

Here are my Nieces again, this is from a Bday party...

Here is a game of Scrabble in progress (niece, Aunt, Sister, Mom and Grandma). Mom or Grandma would usually win, I think there was some type of contest going on between those two. (Look at Grandma telling my Mom her word was worth mega points, LOL!)

My Mom sitting in front of her forty dollar wall, this was the scene every day...



And here is the north wall I have been waiting to show to you...I just love it hand prints and all! I will be back tomorrow with the final installment of "Savor the Memories" and fill you in on how it was done and the final scrapbook page of Friends.




Forty Dollar walls, fishy farts Dad you crack me up (Come home soon, we miss you).
My Dad and Jan are snowbirds they are in AZ as I type soaking up the sun and Mexican food and enjoying retirement. Both of them are great cooks Dad does the best grilling ever and any thing Jan makes is out of this world, YUMMY!

I was asked if you can still purchase the sandwich makers and the answer is yes. Here is a square style on sale at Wal-mart.com. Here is the link, Square Camp Chef cooking iron
Happy Stamp Day!

No comments: