Sunday, May 13, 2007

Card keeper for Jan

This photo is of the card keeper open, click on photo to enlarge.


This has been my project to finish the past couple of days. My Stepmother has a birthday on May 15th so I thought this would be a great gift and she could take it with easily when the snowbirds fly south. This is my second attempt at a card organizer and this one I took to the print shop to have bound, it cost $1.35, not bad but I need a binder so much opportunity wasted. I used the SCS forum for the main instructions of the project and to print out the calendars for each month. I used SU dec papers (need to buy more of this one it is one of my Faves) on the cover. For the cover I also used my Sizzix to cut out the word cards in Cranberry Crisp. Next this was mounted on Mellow Moss where I used the ticket corner punch then mounted again on Cranberry. Before I mounted the card stock I glued on off white ribbon to help keep the keeper closed when it is full. The inside flowers were stamped using Flashy Fl orals in Cranberry crisp, Mellow Moss and Chocolate Chip. Her card, lower right was made for WT112 on SCS Coasting along. I have no coasters so I recycled cereal boxes to make the 4 by 4 square in the center. I then used my scallop square punch to punch out the center and mounted a flashy floral rose behind. I ran this through the CB embossing folder, My inspiration was my choice for card of the week by DawnL, seen on the right hand side of page.
I am having trouble loading SCS to post a link but in a previous post on the card keeper you can find the link there. I will upload the link when I can get on the site. (OK, all links should be working now.)

No comments: