Sunday, February 13, 2011

Graceful Monsters



I just started reading this book on Saturday. Did not make it very far and I was left going OMGoodness what have I gotten myself into now? Seriously?!

This is my belief...everyone is on the same playing field. God is God. Everything comes through him. Pastors are just people and they make HUGE mistakes. Yes, I am one of the first to point them out. My Dad laughs at me saying, "people don't like being put down a notch especially pastors". Well too bad! Pastors are far from perfect. Churches are far from perfect. Both are lacking in Grace. This I agree with Yancey on. Doctors are on the same playing field. They are skilled. However, they are not God.

Truly this year I am on a search for Grace. My friends say I have it and show it openly? Remember they are talking about me here. Seriously?!

I play Chris Tomlin All the time my favorite being Amazing Grace My Chains are Gone. DH says why do you want to listen to funeral music? I beg to differ. To me it is a life song;)

I can remember one moment of 2010 that sticks out clearly where I showed an awesome magnitude of grace...
Dr. Wheeler came out of surgery. The man looked so dejected and tearful. So what does Sara do? (Me, Go Me!) He went onto say Donna had a PE, he could not place the filter. Too many clots. He could not do the task. I said, "It is okay. You did what you could do. What is next". He looked at me and was stumbling for words like he could not believe I was not holding him accountable. Remember, I unlike most people keep everyone on an even playing field. Everything comes through God. Doctors are skilled humans not God.

My BFF Aud laughs at me for liking Shakespeare. Possibly because I towed her along to every Shakespearean production in SD. Okay, begged and pleaded for her to come with so I was not alone. Thanks Aud;) Anywho, the following comes to mind.

Shakespeare the Merchant of Venice. Act 4 Portia talking to Shylock. PORTIA a woman disguised as male. Shylock is a Jew asked to turn Christian he is looking to collect his pound of flesh. Portia is skillfully talking him out of collecting...

The quality of mercy is not strained.
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
Tis mightiest in the mightiest; it becomes
The throned monarch better than his crown.
His scepter shows the force of temporal power,
The attribute to awe and majesty,
Wherein doth sit the dread and fear of kings.
But mercy is above this sceptered sway;
It is enthroned in the hearts of kings;
It is an attribute of God himself;
And earthly power doth then show like God's
When mercy seasons justice.

Okay, this takes me on a twisted road ending in whipping up a batch of MONSTER MIX Cookies. LOL! Okay, let me get you to where this road starts then you can laugh along. Shylock (from above) was labeled as an inhuman monster. Not able to show mercy. Shylock says, "I am not bound to please thee with my answers". Remind you of someone? Our Daughters would think MOM right away. On this they would be correct. LOL!



Monster Mix Cookies Recipe

2 C. Shortening
1 C. Peanut Butter
2 1/4 C. Brown Sugar
2 1/4 C. Sugar
1/2 C. Honey
6 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 1/2 t. salt
1 TBL Baking Soda
4 C. Flour
6 C. Oatmeal
1 12oz Chocolate Chips
1 12oz Butterscotch Chips
1 lb. M and M's
1 C. Raisins

Mix all
Bake at 350
8-10 minutes

These are so YUMMY one of my all time favorite cookies.

Happy Stamp Day. God Bless you with abundant GRACE.

2 comments:

Wanda said...

Your recipe is a lot different than my monster cookie recipe. I'm going to have to give yours a try sometime. They sound good and look good!! TFS

Chris said...

yum, must try your cookie recipe!