Sunday, June 28, 2009

Letter to our Editor

I have typed up a short letter to the editor of our local newspaper in hopes that behavior in Monroe will improve at public events. The second Little J repeated one of the profane words...insert fingers into ears here..."nympho" yeah, I really want my three year old running around town saying that! I felt my temper hit the breaking point, DH kept me contained when I really wanted to get over there and SHUT them UP! This continued through the entire fireworks display with each burst of color came a profane offensive outburst most of the time sexual in nature. Here is my letter...

I usually enjoy the Fireworks display staged by the Monroe Volunteer Fire department, this year was an exception when inebriated onlookers paired the visual display with profane verbal outbursts.

This type of behavior around children, the elderly and families enjoying public events is so discourteous, rude, distasteful, vulgar, offensive, disrespectful, brazen, impolite, unthinkable and downright illicit.

Believe in your morality, you have what it takes to be considerate in public please give reverence a try!

Sara Paschal

I will keep my fingers crossed that the next public event we attend is more respectful.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Good for you Sara! I'm sure there are a lot of people who agree with you.

Cheryl said...

Amen, Sara.
Cheryl

Bonnie said...

When one looks forward to a fun evening and it's ruined by just a few people, that really stinks!

Good to see you the other day. Is your pool still draining?
Bonnie