Tuesday, July 5, 2011

One Happy Tired Hooker


Here is our newly completed Rag Rug sitting in its spot in front of the kitchen sink.  
The finished size is 32"
I know!

This was much easier than I had first thought it would be.  
Read Previous hooker post to find links to directions.

I switched hook size to an N or 9mm as I finished the outer rings.  
I have also placed some stitches on the back just to make sure the kids or dogs don't get tangled up in it and all is for naught!  Next step before it is down on a permanent basis is to Scotch Guard it.

Here is an estimated amount of yardage used.
Purchased 9 yards
Scrap yards unknown


Not bad considering I taught myself to crochet two years ago because I loved the look of the flowers on my card creations.  Some of you seasoned veterans can see some missteps here and there I am sure.  Next one I will have to practice up on blending in my rings better.  The center starts of the rings throw me off you can see as I progressed the outer ones look much better.  In fact the final blue rings are my pride and joy.

Hey, it is primitive and primitive is 
the new antique;)

Liz loves it so much she wants to try this one for in front of the fridge...

If you have not given Crochet a try I recommend learning it such fun;)  Turns out my DH knows how, his Grandmother taught him when he was growing up. 
 I believe I may possibly get a few new potholders out of him.

Happy Hooking.  God Bless.

3 comments:

Chris said...

you know i love the prim!!! this is so cool!! thanks for video!!

your rug is fabulous!!

Wanda said...

Great rug Sara and the video tutorial was fabulous. I don't dare start another project!!! LOL I'll admire yours from afar!

Jen said...

Awesome! Thanks for the video!