Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Scrap and Stamp Challenge Page and Moving Mountains


Scrap and Stamp
For the challenge this week we are supposed to scrap our creative space and use stamped chipboard somewhere on that page, this was fun to do however the cleaning and organizing I had to do before I took a new pic was not fun. You do see some older pics of my space just a few things have evolved over the past two years. I used a chipboard S and Grunge board frame to create my title and comply with this weeks rules.

Some of my Fave craft items...

1) Fiscars Trimmer
2) ATG Gun and tape
3) Scor Pal
4) Cricut Expression and Design studio
5) PTI stamps, paper, ribbon, buttons and some inks (Don't agree with switching to a new formula)
6) Scrap Buckets

You can see that I recycled our old computer cabinet and made it into my craft cabinet this way I can shut and lock the doors to keep little J OUT! I love my closet Maid setup this way most of what I have is organized into clear shoe boxes so I can see what I have. I store my SU paper in a cropper hopper file and my PTI paper in a two drawer filing cabinet. For now I have all my SB's and 12 by 12 paper in an old dresser that my Sister gave to me. AS for my Rubba stamps they are stored in two six drawer plastic organizers.

God took me on a different type of adventure on Monday...
Our DD's BFF's Grandmother Joan Passed away on Friday, over the weekend I was asked by the BFF if I was going to attend the funeral. I made up every excuse under the sun and made no promises of attending. Well on Monday I was flip flopping all morning at what to do I tell you just as soon as I set my mind to NO the phone was ringing DD wanted me to come pick her up so she could go and right after that BFF knocked on the door asking me to please go with her. Such courage this girl has I tell you she is one amazing Little Lady. So I pulled myself and Little J together and we attended...Little J amazed me as well she actually behaved for the entire service and showed empathy at the age of 3 to BFF and her Dad "Uncle Bill".

Here is what my bible says...Mom's Devotional bible NIV
Jesus tells us to respond with faith. With faith all things are possible. When we surround ourselves with proof of God's control over our days, our spirits are lifted and most mountains do, in fact, move. Yesterday I had a mountain move and when you can realize the proof of God's love in the little things in such a PROFOUND way you can then begin to realize how the bigger mountain that is not so mobile you can hold tight to God and let him lead us through the days, packing the path around the mountain to the other side.

Matthew 17:20
He replied, "Because you have so little faith, I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, MOVE from here to there and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Happy Stamp Day!

6 comments:

Amy said...

Fabulous page Sara! I really like the way you did your title. The cleaning and organizing is the reason I doubt I will ever scrap my space!

Banu said...

Awesome LO. Loved it :) I agree with Amy...:( Plus I have been so busy with home stuff :D

Chris said...

great LO and great room! i love the b & w color combo! thanks for playing with us this week! >"<

Pamela said...

This is great! I love your S! :)

Jen said...

Great layout! My space is never photo ready...lol.
Also, you are right Faith is an amazing thing! Thanks for sharing your story.

Cheryl KVD said...

Love looking at your craft space! Great page!